Are you looking to elevate your glamping site from just another place to stay to a must-visit destination? We’ve got some tips and ideas that will make your glamping resort or Airbnb the talk of the town.
We’ve stayed at a lot of glamping destinations, and these are some of the best ideas we’ve seen. These tips and strategies will undoubtedly make the most significant impact on your business.
Embrace a unique theme for your destination.
A themed glamping site can be a massive draw.
Think about it. People love uniqueness and want something different. If they wanted the same ‘ol thing, they’d stay at a hotel.
But they’re not.
Instead, they chose your site, and they’re staying at your place.
Here are a few theme ideas to help get you started in creating your own—
- Safari Adventure. Tents styled like African safari lodges, complete with wildlife photography and safari-themed decor.
- Forest Retreat. Cabins nestled in the woods featuring natural wood furnishings and forest-inspired decorations.
- Beachfront Oasis. Coastal-themed tents with light, airy decor, hammocks, and seaside elements.
- Mountain Escape. Alpine-inspired lodges with cozy fireplaces, rustic decor, and mountainous backdrops.
- Stargazer’s Haven. Clear-roofed pods for night sky viewing, equipped with telescopes and celestial maps.
This theme should be reflected in everything from the décor of your tents or cabins to the activities and amenities you offer.
Upgrade to luxurious accommodations.
Comfort is vital in glamping. After all, that’s one of the things that sets glamping apart from camping.
Invest in high-quality bedding, unique furniture, and private facilities.
These are qualities that guests look for in a glamping site.
Consider adding unique accommodation options like treehouses, yurts, or eco-pods. The more unique and comfortable the accommodation, the more memorable the experience.
These can also go with your theme as well. Doing a forest retreat theme? Accommodate your guests with treehouses.
Offer personalized experiences.
Tailoring experiences to your guests can make a world of difference and really blow the minds of your guests.
From custom itineraries to private dining under the stars, personalized touches show your guests that you care about their experience.
Some of the best-personalized experiences we’ve seen are—
- Private Outdoor Cinema. A cozy movie night under the stars with a personal projector and screen.
- Gourmet Campfire Cooking Class. Learn to cook gourmet meals over an open fire with a local chef.
- Guided Nature Walks. Personalized tours exploring local flora and fauna tailored to guests’ interests.
- Sunrise Yoga Sessions. Private yoga classes at dawn in serene, natural settings.
- Stargazing with an Astronomer. An evening with a professional astronomer, exploring the night sky.
- Customized Spa Treatments. Outdoor spa services tailored to individual preferences amidst natural surroundings.
Offering booking add-ons like spa services or guided tours can enhance their stay.
Of course, this costs you nothing as you can roll the costs into the accommodations or make it an add-on. Nonetheless, it’ll knock their socks off.
Create Instagrammable spots.
This is one of the best ideas we’ve seen.
In today’s social media-driven world, having ‘Instagrammable’ spots can attract guests.
Create visually appealing areas like a picturesque lookout point, a beautifully designed communal area, or unique art installations that guests will want to share online.
As guests come to your location, take their pictures there; they’ll share them and let the world know about your destination.
It’s free publicity!
This really depends on your location, but seeing the opportunity is half of the battle.
Host events and workshops for your glampers.
Events and workshops can transform your site into a community hub.
Yoga retreats, cooking classes, or stargazing nights not only provide entertainment but also opportunities for guests to connect with each other and the local culture.
These are some excellent ideas we’ve seen—
- Photography Workshop. Teaching guests how to capture stunning landscapes and wildlife.
- Survival Skills Course. Basic wilderness survival techniques, including fire-building and foraging.
- Local Artisan Crafts. Workshops on creating traditional crafts with local artisans.
- Astronomy Night. An evening of stargazing and learning about constellations.
- Wellness Retreat. Sessions focused on mindfulness, meditation, and holistic health.
This is also an excellent way for you to pair with other local businesses so you can both gain from the experience.
Leverage technology for convenience.
This strategy will make life easier not only for your guests but also for you as the host.
Incorporate technology to enhance the guest experience.
An easy online booking system, virtual tours of your site, and a mobile app for on-site services can add a layer of convenience and modernity to your traditional glamping site.
There are some upfront costs associated with these, but in the long run, your guests will not need assistance nearly as much as the technology does what your bellhop does.
Take your glamping destination to the next level!
All of these ideas, tips, and strategies are pointless if your service is not the priority.
Exceptional service is crucial.
Train your staff to be attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable about the local area. A warm welcome, quick responses to requests, and personalized service can turn a great stay into an unforgettable one.
Transforming your glamping site into a sought-after destination requires creativity, attention to detail, and a commitment to exceptional guest experiences.
By implementing these strategies, you can create a unique and memorable retreat that guests will rave about and return to.