Have you ever been on a glamping trip and wondered – wouldn’t it be cool to have your own glamping paradise? What about others that want their own glampground but don’t know where to begin? A glamping setup service can be a lucrative business opportunity.
However, there are several things you need to consider before starting such a business venture.
This article will explore the basics of what you need to know to deliver unique glamping experiences to customers. We’ll cover everything from the business plan to getting your first paying customer and everything in between.
Brainstorm and research what is needed to start this type of business.
Glamping is the perfect compromise for those who love the outdoors but don’t love camping. Glamping offers all the fun of being in nature without any hassles of traditional camping. And what’s even better is that you can now bring the glamping experience right to your customer’s doorstep with a new breed of glamping setup service.
You’ll need to think about what your setup will look like. How do you want it to feel? Think of it as five-star camping, if you will. Glamping sites are usually located in beautiful natural settings, and they offer a variety of upscale amenities, from plush beds and private bathrooms to gourmet food and concierge service. In other words, glamping takes all the roughing out of camping, leaving only the good parts.
Other considerations for your glamping business.
Whatever you think about has to be portable as you’ll be moving your glamping set up from location to location. Other important considerations include:
- What kind of glamping experiences do you want to offer?
- What type of equipment will you need?
- How much will it cost to get started?
- Who is your target market?
- How will you market your glamping setup service?
These will all play a significant role in the next step: creating a business plan.
With a bit of creativity and some elbow grease, you can be in business for yourself, offering glamping setups to customers who want to enjoy all the best parts of nature without any hassles. All you need is a great business idea and the drive to make it happen.
Create a business plan for your glamping setup business.
This is the most critical step, but it’s often the one that people skip over.
Your business plan will be your roadmap for the early stages of your glamping setup service. It will help you figure out what kind of glamping experiences you want to offer, what type of equipment you’ll need, how much it will cost to get started, who your target market is, and how you’ll market your glamping setup service.
A well-thought-out business plan will also give you a much better chance of securing funding from investors if that’s something you’re interested in pursuing.
So take the time to sit down and create a comprehensive business plan for your glamping setup service. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.
And don’t worry; you can constantly adjust your business plan as you learn more about the glamping industry and what works best for your glamping setup service.
Purchase the necessary supplies and equipment for your full-service glamping business.
You have the vision, and you have a business plan. Now it’s time to start putting your glamping setup service together.
The first step is to purchase the necessary supplies and equipment. This, of course, is the costliest part of the entire business. Fortunately, most of the gear is a one-off purchase so you don’t need to keep purchasing items as they’re expended.
Basic equipment required.
This will vary depending on the type of glamping experiences you want to offer and the size of your glamping setup, but there are a few basics that you’ll need no matter what:
- Tents. Are you setting up bell tents, teepees, yurts, or other types of tentage? This will be the focal point of your business, so don’t skimp on the tentage.
- Furniture. What kind of furniture will you need to make your glamping site comfortable and inviting? Think about beds, chairs, tables, rugs, etc. Remember, this is what sets glamping apart from camping so you need to make it look and feel elegant.
- Firepit. Being a portable business, you’ll likely only provide a propane firepit, but some glampers might prefer a real wood fire. Also, as a bonus, you can include everything for your customers to make some extraordinary campfire desserts. Maybe this is an add-on to one of your glamping packages you offer?
- Ambiance. What type of ambiance do you want to create with your glamping setup? Think about things like twinkle lights, candles, and music. You can have a variety of lighting on hand so you can set up for a kid’s birthday party or an adult getaway. Two very different approaches.
- Transportation. How will you move your glamping set up from location to location? Do you have a truck or a trailer? You might consider purchasing an enclosed trailer for a few reasons. First, you can advertise on the side of it. So when you’re delivering your service everyone else will see what you do and get your phone number or website. And two, it’s great storage for your glamping gear when it’s not actively being rented out.
These are just a few basics you’ll need to get started.
Of course, you can always add more bells and whistles as you grow your glamping setup service and get a better idea of what your customers want. That’s where feedback comes in, but we’ll cover that later.
Market your business.
You’ll need to market your glamping setup service to let people know that you exist and are open for business.
There are several ways to do this, both online and offline.
- Distributing flyers in local camping and hiking stores. Remember, you want to get in front of people that are already interested in your industry.
- Setting up a booth at local camping and hiking festivals. Like the flyers, you want like-minded people to know you exist. This is great for networking with other similar businesses.
- Set up a Facebook page and be active in local groups related to camping, glamping, hiking, and outdoor events. Since everyone is on social media, wouldn’t it make sense if you were as well? While you’re on there, ensure your customers leave reviews and tag your business whenever you set up a special event for them.
- Create a website for your glamping setup service. List your prices and services so potential customers can easily find all the necessary information. Most people don’t know that your service even exists, so you want to list all of the information you possibly can on your website so they know exactly what you provide. This is your first chance to interact with your customers!
These are just a few ideas to get you started. If you search around or discuss this with other business owners I’m sure they’ll have other marketing ideas for your full-service glamping-in-a-box business.
The most important thing is to be creative and think outside the box. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to marketing, so try a few different techniques and see what works best for your business.
Get feedback and adjust as necessary.
Feedback is essential for any business, but it’s vital in the glamping industry. This is because glamping is still a relatively new phenomenon, and people are still trying to figure out what they like and don’t like.
So getting as much feedback from your customers as possible is essential.
This will help you fine-tune your glamping setup service and ensure you’re offering exactly what people want. If you’re not delivering what they want, they will not come back and not refer you to their friends.
There are a few different ways to get feedback from your customers:
- Surveys: You can include a survey with every glamping experience. This can be an online survey or a physical piece of paper that glampers fill out when they’re done.
- In-person interviews: You can also interview glampers in person to get their feedback. This is a great way to get more detailed answers and understand what people liked and didn’t like about their experience.
- Reviews: You can also encourage glampers to leave reviews on your website, Facebook page, or other online platforms. This can be a great way to get honest feedback that you can use to improve your business.
No matter what method you choose, ensure that you’re actively gathering customer feedback and using it to improve your services. Otherwise, you’re not going to be in business for very long.
Glamping Set Up Service FAQ
When we first published this post we were inundated with questions. While many of them were fairly simple, some others we were being asked over and over. So we decided to put up a short FAQ right here to answer all of your questions.
How much does it cost to build a glamping tent?
If you’re running a glamping setup service, then you’ll want something a little less permanent. This will obviously be less expensive than a more permanent glamping pod. However, for the most part, you’re looking at around $700-$1000 for a really good and durable portable glamping tent.
Does glamping make money?
Yes. Glamping is a massive industry that continues to grow each year and many people make money from running glamping sites and renting out glamping pods. In this case, running a glamping setup service, you’re helping others achieve their glamping dreams and that’s how you’ll make money on this.
Do you need a license for glamping?
This depends on your location and local ordnances and laws. For the most part, yes, you’ll need some sort of permit. If you’re setting up the glamping site and operating it, you’ll need to register your business, have the local officials inspect your location, and provide permits for various aspects. However, if you’re running a glamping setup service then you won’t need building permits, but instead various business permits from local officials.
We think you’re ready to setup your glamping service!
Glamping is becoming a more and more popular way to enjoy nature. As the industry continues to grow and evolve, more and more people want to have a glamping experience of their own.
That’s where you come in!
If you’re someone who loves the outdoors and has some creative skills, starting a glamping setup service could be the perfect business for you! Just imagine setting up others’ dreams in their own backyard while you get paid to do it.